About Me

My photo
I am married to Basilio Ruiz and thank God daily for bringing this wonderful man back into my life. I am a Christian mom of 4 (the youngest 3 are still at home with me) Ashleigh is 22, Amanda is 17, Joshua & Jeremy are 13. I am an independent CTMH consultant and love sharing the art of scrapbooking, cardmaking, and papercrafting with others.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Almost 2011

I am not bringing the New Year in quite as planned. My darling husband is at this moment in Spokane delivering a car he sold today. I am a bit sad that he won't be here with me at midnight but not too sad because my heart knows he is here with me always and in all ways. What joy he has brought into our lives <3 My heart had forgotten what it was like to feel safe and loved and treasured. How wonderful to be able to sleep soundly through the night ....wrapped safely in his arms and free of the nightmares and insomnia that followed me for years. How amazing that our love could heal so many things in me that I thought were broken forever. I would not trade my past because I can not imagine life without my wonderful children in it but I also know that no matter how many years God blesses Bass and I with as husband and wife it will never be enough.

And we are having a party! As I type this I have a house full of my children and their friends. We are a loud house tonight and what joy it brings me to have them and their friends here and be able to listen to the fun they are having. And, because of Bass's late night delivery he gets to go in late tomorrow so all 6 friends are spending the night. Another blessing in my life...... a house big enough to hold the laughter and joy of my children and their friends.

Some things are still difficult. Money is tight and keeping up is sometimes a pretty impressive juggling act. I think I am going to have to send Josh on his honor choir trip without me because we just don't have the money for me to go. I cried for quite a while today when I realized this. But still....... God makes sure we have "enough". We may not be a fancy house with all the latest gadgets and gismos...... we may not always have money for extras that we would like..... but we are most definitely a house full of love and God most definitely lives here with us. Knowing this I face the coming year with excitement. "For I know the plans I
 have for you, declares the Lord; plans to prosper you

and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 


Jeremiah 29:11