About Me

My photo
I am married to Basilio Ruiz and thank God daily for bringing this wonderful man back into my life. I am a Christian mom of 4 (the youngest 3 are still at home with me) Ashleigh is 22, Amanda is 17, Joshua & Jeremy are 13. I am an independent CTMH consultant and love sharing the art of scrapbooking, cardmaking, and papercrafting with others.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What does being "in love" really mean

And can you believe I am just now learning this at almost 50 years old"? For almost 20 years of my life I thought I had "IT"...... I thought it meant being a partner to and standing by your partner no matter what. Now I am learning it is so much more. I am learning that you don't "fall" in love...... you grow into it. It is not just that feeling of wanting to be with the person you love or even the way he takes your breath away when he kisses you. It is so much more than just being told "I love you" without the actions to back it up. It is KNOWING....... knowing that he loves you even when you don't love yourself. Knowing he will stand by you through anything life throws at you. Knowing you will NEVER have that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach as he packs his bags and yells about how he hates his life and wants nothing to do with the responsibility of marriage and children as your children cry in your arms (been there, done that and so thankful to know it will NEVER happen to us again). Love is so much more than a FEELING. It is a CHOICE....... it is starting and ending each day by CHOOSING to love and honor him and knowing he does the same even when it is difficult.

Most importantly I always knew it was important to have a GODLY man leading the family. It is that quality that allows the wife to feel safe..... that allows the children to trust him and love him and KNOW that he loves them even when they are not perfect..... even in the midst of correcting a wrong behavior or choice. Anyone can SAY they are a Godly man. Many can go through the motions and put on a good show for the world that makes them APPEAR to be a Godly man. But the connection.... the trust..... the KNOWING..... feels so much different when you are lucky enough to find the man who truly is a man of God. A man who is both humble and able to lead.... a man who is both weak and strong..... a man who KNOWS he will make mistakes but God will use them. When you are lucky enough to be given the gift of a man like that be brave enough to wrap your arms around him and say thank you to God.

I love that feeling of peace that envelops me the moment he wraps his arms around me...... that feeling that he is my safe place and no matter what life throws at us we will get through it TOGETHER. I hope I never forget to keep thanking God for this gift in my life. I love you Bass and I am so thankful for the gift of you in our lives.

No comments: