About Me

My photo
I am married to Basilio Ruiz and thank God daily for bringing this wonderful man back into my life. I am a Christian mom of 4 (the youngest 3 are still at home with me) Ashleigh is 22, Amanda is 17, Joshua & Jeremy are 13. I am an independent CTMH consultant and love sharing the art of scrapbooking, cardmaking, and papercrafting with others.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

sharing a song

I had a wonderful weekend but kind of a tough night last night. As I was doing my morning email I was listening to the Christian music station I have on my blog and this song came on that I wanted to share. It was a good reminder (and a much needed one) that no matter how badly we feel about some things in our lives God is literally only a prayer away and always remains faithful in loving us.

My friend Allen reminds me of this often when I am being too hard on myself over things I had no control over and could not have made different. I had a hard time wrapping my mind around forgiving myself for a very long time and one day Allen said this to me.............. "If God has already forgiven you and you won't forgive yourself does that mean you think you are smarter than God?" OUCH! But it was something I really needed to hear and often need reminding of.

No comments: