About Me

My photo
I am married to Basilio Ruiz and thank God daily for bringing this wonderful man back into my life. I am a Christian mom of 4 (the youngest 3 are still at home with me) Ashleigh is 22, Amanda is 17, Joshua & Jeremy are 13. I am an independent CTMH consultant and love sharing the art of scrapbooking, cardmaking, and papercrafting with others.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

What does family mean to you?




I know I have said this before (and I'll probably
say it again) I am so thankful to have our church family in our lives. Friday was a big day in the twin's lives....... ok maybe a bit more so for Joshua than for Jeremy but big none the less.


Both of the boys got awards at the last assembly for the school year. This is the third one this year for Jeremy but Joshua has struggled a bit this year and it was his first and one he worked VERY hard for. He was successful with lots of help from his totally awesome teacher. When I realized their dad was not going to come I sent out an email to our extended church family asking that anyone who had the time come and show Joshua how proud we were of all his hard work. And come they did! My mom and our church family filled the back TWO rows on one side at the assembly and several also brought cards and gifts for the boys.They even got a phone call that night from their Godparents all the way in Montana!


Both boys are still talking about how many people showed up and how much that meant to them. My tough guy Joshua even teared up when he looked back after getting his award and saw how many people took time out of their day to be there for him.


It was an awesome example of what being part of God's family is all about and meant so much to all of us.

No comments: