About Me

My photo
I am married to Basilio Ruiz and thank God daily for bringing this wonderful man back into my life. I am a Christian mom of 4 (the youngest 3 are still at home with me) Ashleigh is 22, Amanda is 17, Joshua & Jeremy are 13. I am an independent CTMH consultant and love sharing the art of scrapbooking, cardmaking, and papercrafting with others.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Boy Who Grew Flowers

A most awesome book I purchased from my friend Gail http://gailnelson.mybarefootbooks.com/
I purchased this for my autistic son for Christmas last year. Barefoot Books are excellent quality with the most amazing and colorful artwork. Without giving away the entire story this particular story is about a boy who grew flowers ...... out of his head! He is quite embarrassed and tries to hide this fact about himself that makes him different from everyone else until one day he meets THE girl.... obviously chosen for him..... and discovers this unique trait that he was embarrassed about is what makes him so special to someone else.
Jeremy treasures this story. He reads it often and has brought it to school to share with his classmates. (Our school counselor loved it too and ordered one to use in her talks at the beginning of each school year where she talks to the children about how everyone is different and that is ok.) He says it helps him remember that God made him special :-)

No comments: