About Me

My photo
I am married to Basilio Ruiz and thank God daily for bringing this wonderful man back into my life. I am a Christian mom of 4 (the youngest 3 are still at home with me) Ashleigh is 22, Amanda is 17, Joshua & Jeremy are 13. I am an independent CTMH consultant and love sharing the art of scrapbooking, cardmaking, and papercrafting with others.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Thanks to a friend

I have jumped "out of order" in my daily bible reading and spent some time each day in Philippians. It all hit home pretty well for me but especially 4:19. I tend to "worry" everything to death. am I making the right decisions? Am I doing the best I can for my children? Am I being strong or unforgiving? Am I working hard enough to provide for my family? Is my walk in line with where God wants me to be?

I start each day off trying to give all these worries to God (and looking back over the last 2 years I can CLEARLY see the imprints of His hands guiding us along the way) but by the end of each day I find myself taking them back again in spite of all my good intentions. It's not a matter of trust..... I trust Him totally...... it's myself I have doubts about. And my doubting of myself has led to almost nightly nightmares that are severely impacting my ability to sleep. Spending more time in this area in study and prayer has helped to calm down my nightmares.

I would love to have people share with me here other scriptures that help them find peace.

No comments: