About Me

My photo
I am married to Basilio Ruiz and thank God daily for bringing this wonderful man back into my life. I am a Christian mom of 4 (the youngest 3 are still at home with me) Ashleigh is 22, Amanda is 17, Joshua & Jeremy are 13. I am an independent CTMH consultant and love sharing the art of scrapbooking, cardmaking, and papercrafting with others.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day


Today is bittersweet for me. Who ever thought I would be single after 18 years of marriage? I know I made the right decision but some days, like today, are harder than others.


So........ I am reminding myself this morning of all the people in my life I love and who love me. And, of course, my children are first on this list. Even knowing now how things would turn out I would not change a thing about my choices in life because my children are the biggest blessings and most precious gifts I have ever been given. Sound corny??? Maybe........... but truer words have never been spoken :-)


And right behind my children are family and friends. My mom & dad, my church family, my true friends (both IRL and online)........ boy you really find out who your true friends are when you go through hard times don't you??........ I could never have made it through this last very difficult year without the love, support, and honesty of these people in my life. And so, even though I am now without the person I always believed would be my best friend for life, I am so thankful for the true friends I have made along my way.

3 comments:

Just a Simple Gal - Judy in Huntsville - AL said...

What a heart-felt post Peggy. I know I have another friend who is feeling much the same. Lifting you to the Lord and may you continue to see Him work inyour life - Judy

Melisa Jo said...

Focusing on the support of people that are close to you is the best thing you can do. I think of you often, knowing that you are a strong person that will persevere.

Sanna F said...

Very sweet layout!
Hugs ♥
Sanna