About Me

My photo
I am married to Basilio Ruiz and thank God daily for bringing this wonderful man back into my life. I am a Christian mom of 4 (the youngest 3 are still at home with me) Ashleigh is 22, Amanda is 17, Joshua & Jeremy are 13. I am an independent CTMH consultant and love sharing the art of scrapbooking, cardmaking, and papercrafting with others.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Memories

My scripture for today in my daily devotions email was about prayer and how you pray. It made me remember a couple of things about my sweet Amanda. She started praying early... about the same time she started talking. And she was never hesitant to talk to God, thanking Him for even the smallest things. I remember one day in WalMart.... she is sitting in the shopping cart and we are waiting for Ashleigh to come out of the dressing room where she is trying on clothes. Amanda bows her head and quite loudly prays "Dear God, thank you for letting us be at WalMart to buy clothes, Amen" I could hear people several aisles away giggling but I thought it was so wonderful for her that she understood she could talk to God anytime, anywhere, and about anything.

As she got older she took the scripture about praying behind closed doors to heart. If she was praying about something she felt was important she would go into her closet (which she was petrified of by the way) and pray her little heart out. Things HAPPENED when she prayed this way. Our Pastor at the time used her prayer closet in a sermon and adults from our church would specifically ask her to pray for them. We have a story about how she and Ashleigh prayed me into twins when I was pregnant last. i'll tell that story another time

No comments: